The latest crop of people who need to paint boats with their nothing but their tongues are ‘dignitaries‘. Personally I deeply resent the attitude of some people’s time being more important than others. I deeply resent waiting for half an hour for motorcades to pass by It’s ridiculous for hundreds of thousands of man hours being wasted waiting for bigshots to pass by in jet black Mercedeses (paid for my us!) Things were at least better in the Moi days
Cop In Moi Regime: The president is coming. Get the hell on! Move it move it move it! Drive like your backside is burning!
Cop in Kibaki Regime: The president is coming. Park your car there the curb and wait there
Here are concrete alternatives
- Arrive early (like before 7AM)
- Arrive late the day before (like 9 PM, in time for dinner and a sauna. The more adventurous can even sample the wares of certain itinerant traders on certain well known streets)
- Use a chopper to go from JKIA to wherever
- Use a BUS to ferry everyone at a go in one convoy
- Build a conference center and 5 star hotel behind JKIA
- Sign Sudanese deals in Sudan, Somali deals in Somalia … there may be a pattern here ….